Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sartu di Patate (Potato Cake)

  I think Nadia G. from Bitchin' Kitchen is my new idol! Anyway, the Sartu di Patate is a recipe of hers, adjusted for our needs. This was absolutely delicious! I don't even have anything else to say about it!

Sartu di Patate

4 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
6 slices turkey bacon
1 cup Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Shreds
3 Tbl nutritional yeast flakes
1 Tbl sea salt
1/2 Tbl garlic powder
about 2 Tbl Earth Balance soy free butter
1/4 cup italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I usually make my own but decided to try out some corn crumbs I got last time I was at sprouts. I just added Italian seasoning and salt.)

Preheat oven to 350.
Boil potatoes in salted water until soft, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut turkey bacon into small pieces and fry, allowing it to get extra crispy. Set aside.
Once potatoes are fork-tender, drain and in a large bowl, mash until still lumpy but no large chunks remain. Stir in mozzarella and cheddar, yeast flakes, salt, and garlic and bacon bits.
Grease a casserole dish. Scoop potato mixture into the casserole dish and smooth out the top. place 'pats' of Earth Balance butter every few inches on top, then evenly sprinkle with crumbs. Bake about 30 minutes until you get a nice crunchy crust on top. Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment