Saturday, February 4, 2012

Artichoke Hummus

  Mmmm, hummus. My weakness. I have been madly in love with all things garbonzo lately, and hummus is my favorite! I found this recipe in our local newspaper a week ago, but I didn't have tahini so I went out and bought my very first jar of it and whipped this up. It made a HUGE amount, so we nibbled today and there will still be plenty left over for the Super Bowl tomorrow. Woohoo!


 Artichoke Hummus 

1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
1 can chickpeas (garbonzo beans), drained
2 Tbl tahini
3 Tbl lemon juice
1 Tbl minced garlic
1 Tbl olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp hot paprika (I did not have hot so I added a dash of cayenne)
Sea salt to taste
1 cup chopped fresh basil

Combine all ingredients except basil in food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste for salt, if needed, add more. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in basil, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment