Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Roasted Cajun Sweet Potatoes and Carrots

This is a very simple side dish, tasty and dare I say, a tad healthy. We bought a bunch of sweet potatoes from the farmer's market and then found really nice looking organic ones at a local health food store, so we're stocked to the gills in sweet potatoes! I sorta shot from the hip with this recipe and I'm glad I did, it was great and both the kids loved it too!

Also, as a side note, I am afraid Jack may have a corn allergy. I can't be sure just yet, but I'm going to try to avoid corn and corn products in my recipes for awhile.

Roasted Cajun Sweet Potatoes and Carrots

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 medium carrots, sliced into coins
2 Tbl olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
a few cracks of fresh ground pepper
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp dried rosemary

Heat oven to 400.
Place carrot and sweet potatoes pieces on a large cookie sheet with a rim. Drizzle on olive oil and stir pieces around with a spatula to evenly coat. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, and rosemary and stir again. Spread pieces out into a single layer on the cookie sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until all pieces are fork tender and bottoms are slightly brown and crisp. Stir once halfway through for even browning if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment