I can't believe I used to feel like we were so limited by these diet restrictions! What I realize now is that we were actually really limited in what we chose to eat before... I never would have dreamed of making many of the dishes I make now, with 'real' ingredients or otherwise. And it's amazing how, well, amazing food tastes when it's fresh, not processed and full of unpronounceable ingredients and beaver butt (see Buffalo Chicken Meatball recipe for clarification), and made with love at home. I love it!
Allergy Free BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza crust mix (calls for 2 Tbs flaxmeal, 6 Tbs plus 1 1/2 cup water, and 2 Tbs olive oil)
- Daiya Mozzarella (3/4 cup) and Cheddar (1/4 cup) shreds
- 2 cans grilled chicken breast, drained (you can use real grilled chicken if you have the time, but I was in a pinch)
- 4 Tbs gluten free BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 Tbs oregeno
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 half green bell pepper, chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make pizza crust dough according to package directions. Once raw dough is spread onto oiled cookie sheet, bake for 12-13 mins (the directions call for 7-9 but the extra time will help make it crispy crust!). Spread 3 Tbs BBQ sauce onto the crust. Sprinkle on onions and chicken. Then sprinkle on mozzarella and cheddar, bell pepper, and oregeno. Take remaining bbq sauce and drizzle it over toppings. Bake for 17 mins or until cheese is melted and pizza looks done.