Sunday, December 11, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf - Gluten/Wheat, Dairy, Egg, Soy Free

   Chris told me tonight that he thinks that since we've started cooking Jackie friendly, everything tastes so much better and that maybe god meant for us to have Jackie so that in the end I could discover my talent for allergy friendly cooking. Well, I dunno about all that, but I do know that the meatloaf tonight was yummy!

Allergy free southwest turkey meatloaf

1.25 lb lean ground turkey
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 cup Daiya cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
S&P to taste (I used about a tablespoon of salt here)
1 Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic until onion begins to brown. In a medium mixing bowl, mix turkey, oatmeal, cheese, and onion/bell pepper mixture, then add all spices and mix well. Place into an 9x9 casserole dish and press flat with your hand. Bake for 30 mins (if you make this in a traditional loaf pan, you'll need to cook it longer since it will be thicker).


My darling husband told me this picture looked like something from a menu of a cheap Thai restaurant. I guess my new found god-given talents don't extend to food photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment