Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dairy Free Fajitas, aye yai yai!

  We had fajitas last night. Gluten free tortillas are not my favorite, they were pretty hard. They might make good quesadillas since you want those to be crispy, but they don't work well when you need a soft tortilla. No big deal, this would have been yummy as a bowl. We used Penzey's fajita mix and followed the recipe on the jar to make a marinade, the chicken was really tasty! I also sauteed some bell pepper and onion, we topped em off with some Daiya cheddar cheese and lettuce, but I think what really made it was the chipotle sauce I sort of threw together on a whim because we didn't have salsa. It really added that extra something.

Better Than Sour Cream Chipotle Sauce
2 Tbs "Better than Sour Cream" dairy free sour cream substitute
1 Tbs lime juice
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
pinch or two of sea salt

Mix all ingredients well and drizzle over chicken

I took this picture before I decided it was missing something and came up with the chipotle sauce... just imagine it on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment